Uber has announced that it will be the official mobility partner for the inaugural Nairobi City Festival taking place at the renovated Uhuru Park from 12 – 17 December 2022.
Through this initiative, riders will not only have access to enhanced in-app safety features but will also receive a discount of 30% on each Uber trip to and from the festival.
Uber recently introduced two new products that are perfect for passengers travelling to and from the festival:
- The first is Uber XL which is perfect for groups of up to 6 people. Per passenger, it is one of the most affordable ways to travel in the city!
- The second is Chap Chap Share – this is a technology that matches you with another passenger going in the same direction as you. So when you are heading to the festival, if you choose the Chap Chap Share option and are matched with another attendee, you can save 30% off your fare and the detour is typically only about 5 minutes!
During the event, dedicated Uber drop-off and pick-up zones will be available in specific areas at Uhuru Park.
“The festival is a celebration of all things that make up Nairobi culture and we’re so proud to be a part of this vibrant and exciting event. Uber will focus on providing a stress-free mobility experience, ensuring Nairobians can connect with what they love most about Nairobi.” explains Imran Manji, Head of East Africa for Uber.
The inaugural festival, which plans to attract over 25,000 attendees, is aimed at not only showcasing talent but has the potential to increase revenue flow and business opportunities for participants.
Governor Johnson Sakaja explains, “The Nairobi festival is a chance to celebrate the core of who we are as Nairobi.This is a true testament to the economic potential of having an annual festival and the opportunities the Nairobi Festival presents in catalyzing the creative economy in our city. As a County Government, we are very open and eager to partner with the private sector to make Nairobi work.”
Manji concludes, “Our commitment to working with regulators and policymakers, increasing flexible earning opportunities and raising the bar on safety remains relentless and we continue to work hard to create a magical experience for users on the platform.”
How to request a ride and apply your promo code:
- If you are new to Uber, create an Uber account. You can go to the Apple Store or Google Play to download the Uber App.
- Open your Uber app and select “Wallet” from your app menu
- Scroll down to Promotions and tap Add Promo Code [XX]
- Enter your promo code and tap ADD
- Select Uhuru park and you’re all set to go!
- Riders continue to have access to Uber in-app safety features, such as 24/7 phone support, an In-App emergency button and Trusted Contacts, which allows you to share your trip with up to five friends and family members.