Senator beer brand, a product of the Kenya Breweries Limited, has re-introduced its National Consumer Campaign tagged “Shikisha Form Na Senator Ushinde” following a successful 2021 campaign that saw over 500 consumers’ enriched.
The three-month-long campaign worth Sh76million will see 5 loyal consumers stand a chance to win a grand prize of Sh10million in which each will receive Ksh2 million, Sh1 million set aside for investment in their community and themselves. There will be also an additional 1,500,000 daily winners of airtime, a Sh2.4million total worth of home upgrades for 48 weekly winners and a Sh12million total worth of home shopping for 8,000 winners.
This is Senator’s fourth national consumer promotion in the last four years that seeks to positively impact the lives of loyal Senator customers and their communities on the heels of the pandemic as well as current tough economic times.
Speaking at the relaunch of the campaign, East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL Managing Director John Musunga said: “The Senator brand has some of the most loyal customers around. We are thrilled to revive our direct engagement with our customers and augment the relationship with our brand, enabling people’s lives for the better, cognisant of the current economic difficulties we are all facing.”
Also commenting on the campaign, EABL Marketing & Innovation Director Anne-Joy Michira revealed that ‘Shikisha Form’ which translates to ‘Make Plans’ with Senator to win, embodies the Senator customers’ pursuit of better lives and seeks to celebrate and recognise their unbridled loyalty and contribution in establishing the Senator brand as the most successful lower mainstream brand in Kenya.
“This campaign is our second since last year. We saw the impact that it had on our consumers, especially the community development projects, and we wanted to continue supporting them further by re-introducing the campaign,” said Mrs Michira.
To participate, a consumer will be required to purchase two (2) 500ml mugs (either Senator Lager or Dark Extra) to get issued a scratch card. The Consumer will then be required to SMS a unique valid code found under the scratch panel to a 5-digit short code e.g., 22110 to get an entry into the competition (One valid code gives one entry).
Senator has previously rewarded its loyal consumers with a series of national consumer promotions (NCP) that include Imarisha Maisha na Senator Keg, Imarisha Maisha na Senator Keg Reloaded had lucky consumers win 150 TVS Motorbikes from Car and General; one-year insurance cover, two helmets, two reflectors and two free services in a year.
Last year’s grand draw winners saw them pick community development projects worth Ksh 1 million in which they partnered with community-based organizations alongside EABL to upgrade lives. The projects undertaken by the winners were as follows:
- Brian Iriri Nbwiga from Nairobi chose to uplift the dignity of the elderly in Korogocho by building two houses.
- Francis Sifuna Wakhungu from Kangundo Road’s contribution went to the renovation and Upgrade of Green Thumbs, a food processing organization in Nakuru County.
- Edwin Wahisi Waluska from Eldoret chose to partner with Nyamila Siaya, to provide water piping and irrigation on their farms.
- Gabriel Wambua Kimenge from Kangemi chose to work closely with Mombasa Leo to buy a soap-making machine to boost a making soap-making start-up in Mombasa.
- Morris Karani Nyaga from Runyenjes contributed to the construction of three water stations in Mtito Andei to provide clean water to the people in those localities.