Meta has announced that it is shutting down Jobs on Facebook outside of the United States and Canada effective 22nd February 2022.
No reason was given for the decommissioning. This was mentioned in a product announcement that the Jobs on the Facebook product was changing on February 22, 2022.
Launched in February 2017, Jobs on Facebook is a feature that allows job seekers to find hiring managers directly on the social networking platform.
Businesses were allowed to post job vacancies on their pages, which were visible to anyone who visits the page, and also appeared on the news feeds of FB users who have ‘liked’ the page, easing the job finding process for the users.
Jobs on Facebook were first available to users in US and Canada at launch and then rolled out to 40 other countries including South Africa in February 2018.
According to Meta, to date, Jobs on Facebook has helped people find over 1,000,000 jobs from truck drivers to line cooks, administrative assistants, sales associates, and more.
- Existing Facebook Groups with a “Jobs” group type will be changed to the “General” group type and the “Jobs” group type will no longer be available.
- The ability to distribute free jobs via a partner integration with the Jobs on Facebook API will no longer be available.
- Jobs on Facebook will no longer be available on the Facebook Lite app or Facebook mobile website (m.facebook.com/jobs) for both employers and seekers.
- The Jobs on Facebook browser will no longer be available.
- Jobs on Facebook is shutting down outside of the United States and Canada.
What’s not changing
- Employers in the United States and Canada can continue to use Jobs on Facebook tools to create job postings from their Page for free on the Facebook app and Facebook desktop website (www.facebook.com). They can also choose to boost their posts as ads.
- Employers in the United States and Canada will continue to be able to manage their job applications and view details about all their job posts (boosted & non-boosted) through the Inbox and Manage Jobs sections of their Page.
- Job seekers in the United States and Canada can continue to apply to positions using Job on Facebook product features like clicking Apply now on the job post, which will bring them to the detail view and then to an application form.